St Mary Magdalene with St Leonard’s, Newark
Newark is a flourishing market town rich in history in the heart of Nottinghamshire. It has excellent amenities, transport links, primary and secondary schools and businesses. It is uniquely placed to engage with the civic life of the town. The parish of St Mary Magdalene with St Leonard’s has a young demographic where over half of the population of 16,200 are under 45. The next incumbent will be leading the parish into a new season of intentional growth, sustaining and strengthening the heritage of its liturgical and choral tradition, while planting and shaping new contemporary expressions of mission, worship and community engagement, to grow disciples reaching wider and younger, while nurturing deeper roots of faith.
This post is part of a significant investment in the parish due to the availability of strategic development funding. This brings with it increased expectation and scrutiny alongside the anticipation of significant, rather than incremental, growth because of the mission opportunities.
This is a Crown Appointment.
Our successful candidate will be:
- A visionary leader able to motivate and foster a pattern of shared leadership.
- Someone committed to evangelism, discipleship and the empowering life of the Spirit.
- Humble and hopeful.
- Eager to learn and grow in faith and ministry, naturally welcoming coaching and mentoring.
- At ease relating to all people in the community including those with significant responsibilities in the town and county.
Priorities of the role will be to:
- Grow the church numerically and spiritually so that it reflects the age profile of the parish
- Grow St Mary’s into a missional, larger “Resourcing” church, with a clear DNA as a church that grows to ‘give itself away’, establishing three new worshipping communities within 4 years and supporting the revitalisation of St Leonard’s.
- Maximise the missional opportunities associated with St Mary’s role in civic and community engagement.
- Reach out to its local community with the love of Jesus.
- Be a beacon of hope and life by partnering with transformational ministries (e.g. CAP, Foodbank, Love Your Neighbour).
- Develop ministries to children and young families in the schools, as well as on the estates.
Closing Date: 25 June 2021 Discernment: 6 & 7 July 2021
For an information discussion and further information contact:
Archdeacon of Newark – Venerable Tors Ramsey
Please apply via:
http://pathways.churchofengland.org/ • Ref No: CofE/TP/148/3335